Friday, September 16, 2011

Reviews

Some commenters have asked if I could do some reviews on a couple of AG products, particularly the Crinoline and Chemise.  The other products I am going to reivew are Rebecca's Robe and Slippers and Rebecca's Phonograph.  If there is anything else you would like to know about something, just tell me!
To see my reviews at the AG site, click here (though I have not done one in a LONG time) http://reviews.americangirl.com/4337/29770529/profile.htm


Crinoline and Chemise
The colors in this set are great.  I really like the pale pink.  The chemise is really easy to put onto the doll and fits well.  The neckline is not too low, and not so high that it will show badly under dresses.  The crinoline is easy to put on if you make sure it's not inside-out.  Really, the only challenge is putting the dress on over the hoops!  It is doable, though.  I usually do not put the dresses on over the dolls' heads, but I let them step into them.  If you put the dress on over the doll's head, it works better since it does not have to fit over the hoops.  With a little extra care, you can go feet first into the dress and work it over the crinoline.  The crinoline makes a nice touch to an outfit.  It is not too full, but full enough that you can tell that there is a hoopskirt!  It works well with Felicity and Elizabeth's dresses.  I would recommend this. 


Phonograph
This is much bigger than I thought it would be!  (That is not a bad thing.)  The colors go well with Rebecca's couch.  The base is plastic, but it kind of feels and looks like wood.  The songs on the records are "Maple Leaf Rag", "Take Me Out To the Ballgame", and "You're a Grand Old Flag".  These song choices (though not to my particular tastes) are period pieces.  I keep "Maple Leaf Rag" on my phonograph, since I like it best.  The record holder/book looks nice.  The records are easy to get in and out of the sleeves and stay in well.  The sound quality is good, and it sounds like a record player, but there is only one volume.  For me, this is more of a display piece, and I really like it!  It really completes the antique look for a doll house.
Robe and Slippers
I really love this set!  The color is so beautiful.  The fabric is soft/silky.  I love how the buttons fit into the flower things.  The sash is long enough to tie, which is a plus.  It also has a cute little pocket.  It fits well, not too baggy and can fit comfortably over clothes.  The slippers seem a little stiff to be slippers, though.  Overall, this is really beautiful and I would buy it again or recommend it to anyone who has an American Girl Doll.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I found this blog on Liz's blog and decided that it sounded good. I really enjoy it and will be adding it in favorites as soon as I am done commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Thank you. I am glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome! I really love reading blogs and I'm BEGGING my Mom to let me have one of my own.

    (Oh and thanks for having a name or url spot. I don't have any of the other profile choices so sometimes I can't comment on blogs.:(

    ReplyDelete