Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Room is Finished!

Here it is! I am so happy about the way it turned out. 

I had the little table and chair, but spray-painted them white. I sewed the seat cushion.

I made the blotter, computer, picture frames, pencil, and tissue box.  The cell phone came with the backpack in the previous picture.

I love this! The bulletin board is probably my favorite part of the room. It is cork board in a spray-painted 4x6 wooden frame. I strung ribbon across it and secured it with tiny flower-shaped brads. I made the postcards (Colonial Williamsburg and Walt Disney World - my two favorite vacation spots), movie tickets, picture, and blue ribbon on my computer. The envelope and valentine came with the AG bed and breakfast set.

I sewed the beanbag chair and made the iPod out of foam. The wall decorations are 3D scrapbooking stickers.

The shelf I painted. The bed is the kind that you get when you stay at a hotel near an AG Store. Since it was short, I set it on top of boxes. But you cannot tell because of the bedsheets. I sewed the pillows, canopy, and bedspread. I also made the gamboxes on the shelf.

I hope you enjoyed the tour! My dolls love their new room.

15 comments:

  1. That is an adorable room! I wish I could make one like that, but unfortunately my bedroom is too small. :( It looks great, you must've put a lot of hard work into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it pepper!! i think you did a great job on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks GreATA! I would sew stuff for mai doll room but my sewing machine is BROKEN!Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is so cute!! i went mondern this year too! it's fun to have old fashioned and modern rooms. i love your cork board, it's my favorite part of your room! i was wondering about those beds you get from the hotels. i was thinking about doing that with me nieces. the bed you have pictured here is so cute, did they originally come with any bedding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lissy
      I am glad you like the corkboard. It is my favorite, too.
      The bed can fold up into a chair. It came with a white pillow that reads "American Girl" and also a blanket that is pink satin on one side and white cotton on the other.

      Delete
  5. Pepper you are AMAZING! I could never have the patience or the craftiness that you do! I LOVE the whole room! Where did you get the shelf?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the little board games on the shelf! The room is brilliant! Claire

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT IS SO CUTE!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I wish I could do something like that.

    P.S- Check out my site!! - lovealldoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome room! I need to get a desk for my dolls!
    Pepper, how can I follow your blog?
    ~Madeline~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!
    I just nominated you for the Versatile Blog award (again :))
    Have Fun!
    P.S. You blog is sooooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi! :) i love your blog!
    ~ jess
    myagdollstory14.blogspot.com
    sixfarawayfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I just found your blog, and followed it! I love your blog so much! It's awesome! Please follow me back at www.storiesbylindsay.blogspot.com! I love your AG room! It's so cute! I really like the bulletin board! Thanks!

    *Lindsay*

    ReplyDelete